I don't know how sparrows choose their mates, but it's rigorous to say the least. It sounded and looked like a life and death battle with feathers flying!
Five male sparrows were fighting over a female who frantically tried to avoid them. She never actually flew away until well after one of the males did the deed.
Once the rowdies dispersed, leaving the female looking indignant and with her tail up against the wall, the male enjoyed an animated birdy bath. I half expected him to light up a cigarette when he finished.I felt sorry for the female who was definitely short-changed. About three seconds -- wap, bam, thank-you ma'am. But then, again, once she smoothed her ruffled feathers, she seemed relieved to get it over with. . . hmmm
P.S. Pic was taken through a screen door from 10 feet away, thus the fuzzies.
1 comment:
Ah spring...
Post a Comment