Wednesday, December 17, 2008

P.C. Withdrawal

Since last Thursday, I have been without email, blogging, word processing -- the whole shebang! My computer had two nasty viruses that necessitated professional help. I just brought "Dell-a" home today! She has a new hard drive, so I have to reinstall everything. Thankfully, the guys at Staples were able to save all my data and pictures, so if and when I figure out how to put them onto the new hard drive, I'll be back in business. It was shocking how out-of-the-loop I felt. As with a microwave oven, I had put off buying a home computer believing I could live quite nicely without one. HA!! I admit to needing a P.C. fix almost every day! Nevertheless, I'm still fighting the inevitability of owning a cell-phone. After Mom's "nightmare before Christmas" flight to Chicago yesterday -- without her cell-phone -- it looks like my time to buy one may come sooner rather than later. I so look forward to checking up on my blog buddies but felt it was important to let you all know where I've been. I've missed you!

No comments: