As much as we need the rain, I don't enjoy rainy days. Now rainy nights are another thing, but during the day I want to see sunshine or at least have some lightning and thunder with the rain.
To comfort myself, I sometimes heat up a bowl of tomato soup and bake some cheese biscuits to go with it. It's a simple, satisfying meal and seems to perk up my spirits.
This is what the biscuits look like -- after they've been baked, split in half horizontally and put under the broiler for a few minutes. The cheese melts and browns a bit and the biscuit crisps-up. It would just be too cruel to show you them spread with melting butter.My biscuit cutter is an heirloom from an old friend. It's probably 80 years old, but still cuts a good biscuit. Years ago, no woman's kitchen would be without a biscuit cutter!

2 comments:
This sounds delicious!! I could certainly use some this weekend :) Rainy and gross in Williamsburg with WAY too much studying to do...
I HEAR ya, Key! Get yourself some Bisquick and cheddar cheese and go for it! I make mine in the toaster oven, so it's no big deal.
Post a Comment