Friday, June 1, 2007

Don't get me started!

A new neighbor in our rental apartment community left an anonymous message on my car in our parking garage. Seems he has trouble parking his oversized SUV and wants me to park my car somewhere else. Oh -- and to be sure I got the message, he printed it in extra large type and cc'd the parking management company. Here's my response: 1 June 2007 To the Anonymous Truck Owner: Kindly take responsibility for your choice to purchase and drive a truck. Your inability to park it is not my concern. As for how often I move my vehicle; that is not your concern. And, please, don't talk to me of courtesy. My Honda has been damaged numerous times by careless truck owners opening their doors and hitting mine. I suppose there are advantages to driving oversized trucks and SUVs, though, living in the city, I can't imagine any. For ethical reasons, I plan to stay with my aging, small, fuel efficient car and, inasmuch as the only designated parking spots are for the handicapped, residential parking is still first come, first served. cc: (our parking management company)

No comments: