Thursday, March 7, 2013

I'll be out of touch for a while.  Going to get myself some new hip hardware tomorrow!
 
These begonias grew in our balcony flower boxes a few years ago.  We're thinking of doing begonias again, maybe with some petunias.
 
Spouse and I both love the scent of  "4 o'clocks", which I think are also called nicotiana or some such name.  They blossom every evening and give off the most beautiful fragrance.  They are a tad messy though, shedding big seeds that are not fun to step on bare-footed, which I usually am.
 
After yesterdays disappointing non-blizzard, the sun is shining brightly and my thoughts are all about
Spring -- that is when I'm not obsessing about tomorrow's surgery.  The Cherry Blossoms around the Tidal Basin are supposed to peak during the last week of March, so there is reason to hope that Spring will come before Summer hits with a vengeance.



1 comment:

Mark said...

Good luck with the surgery Peg, hope all goes well. I'll keep an eye out for you on here.