Saturday, December 8, 2012

I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

Christmas this year will be unlike any I've every had.  Only for the second time, Mom is traveling to the Midwest to spend the holiday with my three sibs out there.  Because of my recalcitrant back, Spouse and I will not be driving to Solomons to enjoy the day with my sister and her clan.

I used to go all out for Christmas.  Buying and decorating a live Christmas tree, stringing lights along our balcony railing, baking way too many cookies and, my favorite task: wrapping gifts.  This year, I've done all my shopping online and can still enjoy wrapping gifts, but the rest has gone by the wayside.

Growing up in northern Illinois, we were pretty sure we'd have snow on Christmas Day.  Sometimes it would start falling on the drive home from the midnight church service.  A very nice touch.  Here, in D.C. today, it's 60 degrees with no snow in sight for the foreseeable future.  Sooooo, I'm posting  pics from Snowmageddon a few years ago.  Of course, it didn't happen during Christmas, but it was beautiful just the same.


For those of you who love snow as much as I do, I hope you have some for Christmas and someone else to shovel/plow it.  For those of you who do not like snow, move to Central America!

Happy Winter, Y'all!!
 

2 comments:

Mark said...

I have now moved to the "I hate snow" group. That is why my family and I will be sitting on a Caribbean beach for this years holidays. If it snows in PA, I hope it melts before I get home.
I'm really not a scrooge, though I sound like it.
Merry Christmas to you and you family and I hope you get your snow.

dcpeg said...

I do believe the reason I like snow so much is that I'm not a home owner and don't have to shovel any of it.

Enjoy the beach and remember your sunscreen. Merry Christmas!