Sunday, October 2, 2011

Brain Spit

My mind wanted to vomit something I read in the newspaper today. Like tasting something rancid I wanted it out of my body!

I've mentioned Rick Perry once before in this blog. I hope this will be my last mention of him. I don't want to draw any attention to a guy who panders to the lowest of the low. I am an independent, but I have to believe he's an embarrassment to his own party.

Reading a story about his family's hunting camp reinforced my low opinion of the guy. Granted said camp was named before he was born, but he's been a regular, proud host of visitors there.

Forgive my naivete, but by now I thought that even West Texans had learned what was, at the very least, polite language when referring to persons of color. Apparently not all of them have. The name of the camp is painted on a big, black boulder at the front gate: N-ggerhead.

That there are still such conspicuously displayed, insulting epithets reminiscent of one of America's most shameful periods is sickening. If this guy keeps spouting his racist, fundamentalist, backwards thinking he's going to dig himself into an even bigger ditch. Hmm -- maybe that's a good thing. Out of sight, out of mind . . .

No comments: