Thursday, July 29, 2010

This is how I feed my love for jewelry . . .

A new blogging buddy down in New Zealand, Janet's Gems, recently asked me to post pictures of some of the jewelry I make. I'm totally inept at photographing my stuff, but here are a few examples for you, Janny. I use sterling silver, cultured pearls, Swarovski crystals, erinite (looks like jade), coral, gold filled beads, onyx, jade, mother of pearl and other semi-precious stones. I also work with teeny-tiny seed beads which make me cross-eyed after a while, but the effect they make in jewelry is worth it. I don't like to see exposed stringing material. There's always a price to be paid, eh wot?! Thanks for stopping by and do visit Janet's blog. She makes some cool fabric pieces, including special dolls for Haitian children. She has patterns and information on her blog.

3 comments:

Janney said...

Hello! Your jewellery is lovely! My favourite is the green one (erinite??).. your photos are pretty good too! I apreciate you taking the time to do that... and thanks for your kind words about my blog :)
How often do you put time into making jewellery?

dcpeg said...

Thanks for the compliment, Janney. My sister's appreciate it when I give them pieces. They also are annoyed that I don't do more to sell it. I just can't embrace the business-end of my creativity1

When this hobby was an obsession several years ago, I'd stay up late into the night creating. Now, I have such a huge inventory of finished pieces, I've cut back. Jewelry making is an expensive hobby!

Janney said...

Your Sister is very lucky!
I'm finding in a way it's more fulfilling to make things for friends anyway :)