Thursday, April 8, 2010

Another Trigger

Tears came to my eyes as I realized that this is the first time I've made my apricot chicken recipe since my Dad died almost three years ago. It was one of the last bits of food he ate -- with me carefully feeding it to him. I suppose I have to expect triggers like this. The memory is as fresh as if it happened last week. Dad had no appetite, but he allowed me to watch him enjoy my recipe. Mom is a marvelous cook and inspired me to follow in her footstepts. When I married Spouse, I had to develop sauces to go with anything (he likes wet food). I have quite a repetoire, if I do say so myself. Anyway -- I think my Dad knows I still miss him and think about him often. Now I'll go dry my eyes and, in a little while, sit down to supper with Spouse and remember Dad's smiling face. Peace

No comments: