Thursday, November 19, 2009

The world as I've come to know it may soon end.

SPOUSE HAS THE FLU! When it comes to martyrdom, Joan of Arc ain't got nothin' on Spouse. His suffering is worse than anyone else's in all of written history. If he doesn't cut back on the whining and complaining, that belief of his might actually become fact. But then, ". . . in sickness and in health . . ." comes to mind. I made him as comfortable as I could [warming his side of the bed with my body so he wouldn't have to crawl between cold sheets]. Then I cut up every fresh veggie I could find and made a big, warm, fragrant pot of chicken soup to sustain him through this tribulation. I actually can't stand the smell of chicken soup, but I made the sacrifice. He's taking Tamiflu. As soon as he starts feeling a little better he will do something foolish like going out in the cold rain without a hat or an umbrella, get chilled to the bone and come home in worse shape than when all of this began!! Oh, how I love the man! This, uttered through clenched teeth, must be my mantra for the next week or so. To myself, I will hum this famous refrain from Helen Reddy: I am strong, I am invincible, I am WOOMAAAN!! Then, I'll probably get sick . . .

6 comments:

Nan said...

:-( Bummer!

Feel better, UB.

Be strong, AP!

*****healing vibes****

dcpeg said...

Many thanks for the healing vibes, Nannie-GIRL! I'll just keep telling myself "this, too shall pass . . ."

beth said...

I think all men must of read the same book "how to be sick" when they were in high school...one of those classes girls couldn't sign up for...because honestly, aren't they the worst ?

can you imagine if they had to give birth, too....

Two Shorten the Road said...

If you do get sick, I'm sure you'll handle it with grace. Men just can't handle that sort of thing. :)

Mark said...

I'm still laughing! Not at your hubby but your great sense of humor.

dcpeg said...

Beth - There would be far fewer people on this Earth if men gave birth!

Megan - you KNOW it's true! Women have no choice.

Mark - you may laugh, but you know I'm right - just ask your wife!

Thanks so much for your comments! It helps to know I'm not alone in my misery . . . ;-}