Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Dogs are People, Too!

I needed a little cheering today, so I've been clicking on some of my favorite links. This one, in The Daily Dish By Andrew Sullivan, always warms my heart. It's footage of a guy returning home from Iraq and how his two dogs greet him. Watching the "Dog Whisperer" I can see how they are communicating with him as the pack leader. They offer their rear ends so that he can identify them by their smell -- how cute is that?! At about 21 seconds, the brown and white dog gazes into the guy's eyes as if to say, "Is it you; is it really you?" This world is a better place because of dogs.

2 comments:

Mark said...

Very nice. I am a big fan of the dog whisperer, and after each episode, I swear I got the answer for my 2 dogs.

It is amazing how they communicate, and how they live in the now.
If only I could perfect that.

Two Shorten the Road said...

I agree. <3