Thursday, October 1, 2009

Throw the book at him!

Roman Polanski does not in any way, shape or form deserve the sympathetic pleas made on his behalf by fellow directors and even Whoopi Goldberg -- shame on you Whoopi!! The man drugged, raped and sodomized a 13 year old child. He then pled guilty to a lesser charge and ran away. France has sheltered this smug coward ever since and he has yet to pay for his crime. I'm glad he was cockey enough to travel to Switzerland to accept another award from his peers. I'm cheering the Swiss authorities for nabbing him. Polanski is guilty of a dreadful crime and must do the time. His victim has forgiven him. I believe that is because her own health and welfare required that she do so. [I am still trying to forgive my abuser/rapist and it's been forty years!] His age should not be a stumbling block to sentencing him for his crime, either. I hope he suffers many years behind bars. Even then, he will not understand the permanent damage he inflicted on an innocent girl. If, by some miracle, he avoids prison, I take comfort in knowing that God will dispense the ultimate punishment. Yes, I'm angry! I know far too many women whose lives have been shattered by abusive men. Some manage to tuck the memories into a far corner of their brains and get on with their lives. The big problem is that the pain of the memories never completely goes away.

3 comments:

Two Shorten the Road said...

Yeah, and I really don't get the fact that he plea-bargained the charges down, and then fled the country anyway. What a coward. And people are now trying to say that he was "only" charged with this one misdemeanor, but it was a plea-bargain! The original charges were much worse.

I kind of feel like you should lose the negotiated plea-bargain deal if you flee the country.

dcpeg said...

He's a sleeze and sleezes are often cowards. I think he thought he could get away with it because he was famous. As far as I'm concerned, he's an escaped convict and should be treated like one!

bozoette said...

Amen!! I lost all my respect for Whoopi when she said what that scumbag did wasn't "rape" rape. Just what kind of rape was it, Whoopi? Oh, right - CHILD RAPE.