Thursday, July 16, 2009

Gators in D.C.

Is it just me or has anyone else noticed the abundance of cars in our region with Florida tags? And it's not during one part of the year rather than another -- it's all the time. Now I know some folks, particularly wealthy, older-types, winter in Florida and return to the D.C. area the rest of the year. I should think those who do have the bucks to fly back and forth rather than driving all that way. Has there been a mass migration North from Florida? Did they finally get tired of the constant and extreme heat and humidity, not to mention hurricanes? If so, they're living here now, but still maintain Florida tags. I believe that's against the law. Now I have nothing against Floridians, but what gives? Can they somehow maintain legal residence in Florida so that they have voting representation in Congress? If that's the case, I'd sure like to know how I can get in on it!

No comments: