Sunday, May 3, 2009

Einstein and Bloggers

I first discovered dcblogs.com after an unsettling event during my "blogger novice months." I thought I'd done something terrible to be getting so many hits. It took a long distance call to my niece and blog-mentor to find out that dcblogs had mentioned one of my posts. Ever since then I've been discovering and following more blogs. One thing I've noticed is that many younger bloggers seem obsessed with relationships and analyzing them. Blogging has opened a whole new venue to replace the closed door, hushed chats between close friends. Anonymity is the key. Anyone can throw a question or opinion out there and sometimes get some useful feedback. Albert Einstein is remembered mostly for his complex theories on space and time. He also had a sense of fun and knowledge of human nature. A human being is a part of the whole, called by us the "universe", a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings, as something separate from the rest - a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest to us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty. Nobody is able to achieve this completely, but the striving for such achievement is in itself a part of the liberation and a foundation for inner security.
amen

2 comments:

Mark said...

You get so many hits because your writing is very interesting.

dcpeg said...

Mark -- you are way too kind!! I don't get that many hits, but even one shows I'm reaching someone else. Its very satisfying!