Friday, February 27, 2009

Love is a Many Splendored Thing. . . well, maybe not always SO splendored

It would seem the world is coming to an end at our house. It's spouse's turn with the virus. He came roaring home two hours after leaving for work this morning and made a bee-line for the bathroom. Cursing under my breath, I picked up the clothing strewn between the front and bathroom doors and pulled back the covers on his side of the bed. I will never understand why, when a man is sick, the world must now revolve around his every need, ache and pain. Women simply respond to nature's call (screams) then get back to work. Home alone in my agony, I managed to put some sort of supper on the table for spouse each evening. I, on the other hand, was unable to eat more than an occasional soda cracker and sips of water. :-( I really mustn't complain too much. He did clean-up after I had an unfortunate accident. That's what REAL LOVE is all about -- doing what's gotta be done -- regardless!! The perp feels embarrassed, but that soon turns to undying love, gratitude and devotion. . . . uh oh -- I hear whining from the bedroom. "I'll bring the KAO-P in just a minute, OK?" Bye for now y'all and may the force be with you to fight off an attack from the viral death star!!

1 comment:

Nan said...

Hey AP, I hope everyone is healthy in your house sooner rather than later!

Lot's o' love—Nan