Thursday, October 2, 2008

Going for the "two-fer"

It didn't take me long to decide that I'll vote for Barak Obama. As a compassionate intellectual there IS no other way to go. The debate between McCain and Obama locked-in my choice. A man who refuses to make eye contact is a man I cannot trust. McCain's disdain for his opponent was evident throughout the debate. Not once did he look at Mr. Obama except for a few, brief smirking glances. Not only that, but his arguments were weak and condescending. Now for the "two-fer". . . Cindy McCain is an attractive woman who makes a nice backdrop for her dour husband. She is, of course, not running for elective office, but she seems unable to contribute more than a supportive smile and a nod of her head. A woman's perspective can be useful, but I wonder if Mrs. McCain has any. Even if she did, I'm not sure Mr. McCain would consider them. Michelle Obama is also an attractive woman, but she is no backdrop. Her enthusiastic support for her husband's campaign while trying to keep their two young daughters from falling for the hype and adulation are admirable. She is intelligent and involved and will be a real asset should her husband be elected the next POTUS. I will watch the Biden/Palin debate tonight. I'm actually looking forward to it. Each seems to provide the yin to their running mates' yang and both of them are a little off the straight and narrow, so it should be interesting.

2 comments:

[F]oxymoron said...

I hope, hope, hope Palin doesn't fumble around like a fool. But to be fair, I hope Biden demolishes her "political stance"

dcpeg said...

Couldn't have said it better!!