Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Late to bed and late to rise. . .

. . . makes it impossible to get a shower. In recent days, we'd noticed a pretty substantial trickle of water flowing from underground at the corner and down our street. By this morning, it was gushing under parked cars. I pictured them locked in by frozen water around their tires. Located where we are, the city took swift action. Of course this meant that rising from bed at 8:30 a.m., I could not brush my teeth, shower away wild, bed-head hair or even wash my hands. Self-pity disappeared when I checked the weather. Those guys are working with very cold water in a 19 degree windchill! I'm not entirely unselfish, though. I hope they hurry and fix it so that I can flush the toilet!!

1 comment:

Nan said...

I just hate it when that happens! Hope they get the main fixed right quick for ya!