Saturday, January 19, 2008

I've Got a Secret!

When my feet and hands get so dry they hurt, I don't reach for an expensive salve, lotion, cream or oil. I reach for grease! (Hmm - this is beginning to sound like a commercial. No, I don't work for any manufacturers nor do I hold stock in any.)

Applying a layer of vegetable shortening works wonders on parched hands and feet and it's fragrance-free. Of course, you want to do it at night and wear gloves and socks so you don't slide out of bed or grease-up your bed linens. Uh, it's also better to do it when neither you nor your partner is in the mood.

If you already have shortening on hand, put some in a separate container designated just for your hands and feet. I wear those cheap, brown cotton gardening gloves and fluffy bed socks. It may look a little goofy, but to have hands and feet as soft as a baby's butt, it's worth it! If you try it, let me know what you think. Thanks!

No comments: