Friday, September 21, 2007

The music has stopped. . .

. . . there will be no dancing in the streets - naked or otherwise - this year. The U.S. Senate failed to rouse enough votes to even put D.C. voting rights on its agenda. Does taxation without representation mean nothing anymore?! The Minute Men must be spinning in their graves! I wonder how other Americans would be feel about paying their federal taxes and having absolutely no say in how they are spent. I would hope that the complacency of many Americans would give way to indignity and loud protests. I just feel like crying. . .

2 comments:

Nan said...

"When they call the roll in the Senate, the Senators do not know whether to answer 'Present' or 'Not guilty.'"
Theodore Roosevelt
(1858 - 1919)

I'm sorry to hear they didn't come through for you.

dcpeg said...

. . .*sigh* . . . wish I'd known T.R.!! He got it right more than not. I'm still pretty bummed, but I'll get over it -- have to. . .