Friday, August 3, 2007

Welcome

This gorgeous, fragrant lily was sacrificed to grace the guest room we enjoyed at Pete-and-Phil's. It was among dozens more equally spectacular lilies that Phil cultivates in one of their gardens. It was soon joined by a cluster of delicate, small, ruby red roses, a surprise on our second day.

In addition to being treated to fresh flowers, we enjoyed sharing their bounty of veggies which Pete puts to excellent use in his gourmet cooking.

All of these growing things added to the marvelous nighttime fragrance we enjoyed on their second floor, screened porch. The property contains a wetland, so the night was full of sounds and smells we don't get in the city -- a real treat!

2 comments:

Kari said...

Beautiful Lilly!!

I just saw your shoutout on the NerdFighters vlog, at brotherhood 2.0.

Isnt that funny? What are the chances? hahaha

Do you love Harry Potter, too?

dcpeg said...

Small world, eh?! Aren't the brothers fantastic?! I'm ashamed to admit I haven't read any of the Harry Potter books. My family teases me, but I'll get to them -- some day. . . .