Friday, August 3, 2007

Happiness Is . . . . part II

. . . when the Chicago Cubs are in first place . . . warm, earthy fragrance of a summer night . . . spotting an American flag while in a foreign country . . . a dog, curled up on my feet, gently snoring . . . finding one more bar of soap when I need it . . . being recognized by someone I haven't seen in years . . . avoiding a gigundous pothole . . . having all the ingredients on hand to try a new recipe . . . the feel and smell of crisp, clean bed linens . . . someone else to change the bed linens . . . finding that the house plants survived 12 days without watering . . . Tucker, his head in my lap, gazing into my eyes . . . George Gershwin's music played well . . . hearing the National Anthem sung, not crooned . . . receiving a hand-written letter from a friend . . . NOT getting lost