Sunday, June 17, 2007

Happy Father's Day!


I'm proud to say this gentleman is my Dad. He was somewhat younger when this was taken, but he's still a handsome man and has his wits about him. He's known for his spontaneous puns and dry sense of humor. He's also been happily married to my Mom for 62 years as of June 2nd.

He taught five kids how to fend for ourselves, but still worries about us. I can always count on him for good advice. He's also a talented artist and wood-worker. His water colors are praised by everyone who sees them and lusted after by his children! One of my most cherished possessions is a piano bench Dad built for me using oak and walnut from trees my brother-in-law, Bill was contracted to remove from George Washington's estate, Mount Vernon.

You've always put your heart and soul into your family and I love you.

No comments: